The Steelcase 453 Criterion office chair has been staple in the Steelcase lineup for over 20 years, and is still in current production at Steelcase to this day. Featuring all current ergonomic adjustments (the plus size version of the Criterion does not come with the seat slider function) and over-the-top build quality, the Steelcase 453 Criterion chair has proven itself as a time tested workhorse.
The Plus size version of the Criterion was made for big & tall, and is tested by Steelcase for individuals up to 500lbs. Designed with a much wider seat and larger distance between the arms (23.5″ between arms vs 20″ on the standard Criterion).
Crandall Office Furniture has been the industry leader in remanufacturing office chairs since 2002. Every chair we sell is completely torn down and remanufactured from the ground up. We go through all of the working components of every chair, then put it back together with new casters, new gas cylinder, new arm pads, new fabric (removing the old and have full sewing/upholstery capability), and we stand behind everything with a 12 year warranty. This warranty is good up to the stated manufacturer’s weight limits / capacity, which is 500lbs for the Steelcase Criterion Plus Chair.
Some other companies you may see claim to “refurb” by just cleaning the chairs up or on rare occasion, putting new fabric over the original old fabric. At Crandall Office, we go well beyond that. Our goal is to make every chair that leaves our warehouse as close to new as possible. We take pride in our product and will always stand behind it.
With 10,000+ chairs in stock at all times, we’re ready for orders of a single chair, to thousands at a time. Our current largest order shipping all at once was over 3,000 chairs.
All of Crandall Office Furniture’s Remanufactured Steelacse 453 Criterion Plus Office Chairs come with the following:
- New Casters
- New Gas Cylinder
- New Arm Pads (made in the USA)
- New Fabric (old fabric is always removed and seat cushions sterilized)
- Industry-Leading 12 Year Full-Chair Warranty (we warranty the entire chair, not just the parts we replace)
- 5 chairs or less: Quick-Ship in 3 Business Days or Less
- 6-100 chairs: Made-to-Order in 5-10 Business Days or Less
- 100-1000 chairs: Made-to-Order in 10-15 Business Days or Less
- 1000+ chairs: Made-to-Order in 30-40 Business Days or Less
- Lead times are estimates, and are based on always-in-stock black fabric and soft floor casters
- Please Contact Us Directly to Discuss Availability, Specific Lead Times, and Discounts for orders over 100 Chairs
Free USA Shipping
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our team members with any questions. We can’t wait to help you save money on your office chair purchase without sacrificing quality or reliability.
Edmund C. –
Chair had some issues, but your return process was great!
Joshua (verified owner) –
This chair is everything that I wanted, and more. It’s a Big/Tall chair, so it fits me perfectly – it’s comfortable enough that I can sit all day is if I wish, but I paired it with the Crandall Office sit/stand desk to allow for more freedom of movement. Very well built, and an excellent job in refurbishing it. Fabric is amazing (graphite…)