The Steelcase 453 Criterion office chair has been staple in the Steelcase lineup for over 20 years, and is still in current production at Steelcase to this day. Featuring all current ergonomic adjustments and over-the-top build quality, the Steelcase 453 Criterion chair has proven itself as a time tested workhorse.
Crandall Office Furniture has been the industry leader in remanufacturing office chairs since 2002. Every chair we sell is completely torn down and remanufactured from the ground up. We go through all of the working components of every chair, then put it back together with new casters, new gas cylinder, new arm pads, new fabric (removing the old and have full sewing/upholstery capability), and we stand behind everything with a 12 year warranty. This warranty is good up to the stated manufacturer’s weight limits / capacity, which is 300lbs for the Steelcase Criterion Chair.
Some other companies you may see claim to “refurb” by just cleaning the chairs up or on rare occasion, putting new fabric over the original old fabric. At Crandall Office, we go well beyond that. Our goal is to make every chair that leaves our warehouse as close to new as possible. We take pride in our product and will always stand behind it.
With 10,000+ chairs in stock at all times, we’re ready for orders of a single chair, to thousands at a time. Our current largest order shipping all at once was over 3,000 chairs.
All of Crandall Office Furniture’s Remanufactured Steelacse 453 Criterion Office Chairs come with the following:
- New Casters
- New Gas Cylinder
- New Arm Pads (made in the USA)
- New Fabric (old fabric is always removed and seat cushions sterilized)
- Industry-Leading 12 Year Full-Chair Warranty (we warranty the entire chair, not just the parts we replace)
- Lead time (5 chairs or less): Quick-Ship in 3 Business Days or Less
- Lead time (6-100 chairs): Made-to-Order in 5-10 Business Days or Less
- Lead time (100-1000 chairs): Made-to-Order in 10-15 Business Days or Less
- Lead time (1000+ chairs): Made-to-Order in 30-40 Business Days or Less
- Lead times are estimates, and are based on always-in-stock black fabric and soft floor casters
- Please Contact Us Directly to Discuss Availability, Specific Lead Times, and Discounts for orders over 100 Chairs
Free USA Shipping
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our team members with any questions. We can’t wait to help you save money on your office chair purchase without sacrificing quality or reliability.
We're excited to be offering our new proprietary BioKnit fabric on all of our chairs! This unique knitted fabric is significantly softer than most traditional woven fabrics, is made of 100% recycled material, is bleach cleanable, biodegradable, and made in the USA, all without sacrificing durability.
NOTE: BioKnit is not Available on Gestures with Wrap Back or Headrest at this time.
BioKnit is 100% made, dyed, and knitted in Grand Rapids, Michigan! Keeping things local, just the way we like it!
Being a knitted fabric makes BioKnit softer, stretchier, more breathable, while also being made to size to reduce fabric waste significantly.
BioKnit has a Durability Rating of 250,000 Double Rubs; 16.6x the 15,000 required to be considered "Heavy Duty Commercial Grade"
BioKnit has a cleaning code of WS (Water or Solvent Based Cleaners), and is also Bleach Cleanable (9:1 Water:Bleach)
At the end of it's useful life, BioKnit can be recycled or sent to a landfill where it will safely biodegrade in as little as 1,278 days.
BioKnit is constructed of 100% Post-Consumer Recycled polyester, and can also be recycled again at the end of it's useful life.
Made using the same materials and process as our original BioKnit fabric, our 3D BioKnit fabric is a thicker, more breathable version that utilizes two different yarn colors, creating a unique 3 dimensional look to any office chair.
- Softer & More Breathable Than Standard Fabrics
- Thicker 3D Construction
- Constructed Using Two Yarn Colors for Unique 3D Look
- Rated at 150,000 Double Rubs (15,000+ is considered heavy duty commercial grade)
- Content: 100% Polyester
- 9 Color Choices Available
- Made in the USA
3D BioKnit Color Note: The front color is the prominent color, and covers more surface area than the back color. If you are trying to match the seat to the back, the front color (listed first) will match much closer than if trying to match the back color. (example: Gunmetal/Splash will match much better with a Gunmetal Seat than a Splash Seat)
NOTE: 3D BioKnit is not Available on Gestures with Wrap Back or Headrest at this time.