Crandall Office Furniture’s Herman Miller Aeron Classic Replacement Mechanism Cover is a quick and easy way to replace your broken or squeaky mechanism cover on your Aeron Classic chair. We’re also proud to say this mechanism cover was designed, tooled, and are produced right here in the USA
Over the years of working on Aeron chairs, we found a few things about the original OEM cover:
- The clips and cover can crack or break over time with use, abuse, and removing / re-installing the mechanism cover.
- The mechanism cover moves when you recline and move in your chair, and is often times the primary area of squeaks and noise when using the Aeron chair.
Based on that knowledge, when designing this cover, we made a few tweaks to the original OEM design:
- Thicker walls for less movement and more durability.
- Shiplap edge to prevent rubbing & squeaking between pieces.
- Thicker clips to hold the clamshell together tighter.
- Thicker clip to hold the clamshell to the chair.
This mechanism cover fits All Aeron Classic Chairs (Sizes A, B, & C).
Disclaimer: These are aftermarket parts, and we do not have any affiliation with Herman Miller, Inc.