Steelcase Leap Disassembly and Repackage for Return:
Need to return your Steelcase Leap chair? We’ve got you covered with a complete disassembly and packing guide to make sure your chair has a safe and successful journey back.
How to Disassemble and Re-Package any Steelcase Leap Chair for Return.
Disassembling the Steelcase Leap Chair.
- Remove the seat from the chair. We have a video going more in depth on this process here.
- Next, remove the cylinder from the bottom of the chair. This is held in by only friction, so a good pull with a pipe wrench should release it.
- Then, separate the cylinder from the base of the chair using a mallet. A good smack from underneath the base should do the trick.
- Finally, remove the five casters by pulling them from the base.
Repacking for return.
- Take your original Crandall Office Box that you received with your order and place a layer of paper fill on the bottom.
- Next, place your casters and cylinder in the box towards the very back. Cover these with a small layer of paper fill.
3. Now it’s time for the seat frame and back. To prepare this part for shipping, first lower the arm pads to their lowest positions and then re-wrap them in their original bubble wrap. Then cover the chair’s back pad with a plastic bag to protect the fabric. Now it can be put in the box facing forward. The cylinder and the casters should sit in the gap under the back pad.
4. Add some more paper fill. Some spots that need paper are around the arm pads and behind the chair back.
5. Now the chair’s seat can be prepared for shipping by putting it in a plastic bag to protect the fabric. Then it can be placed in the box between the arm pads and with the pad facing the pad on the chair back.
6. Now it’s time for the base of the chair to be added to the box, this goes in the very front of the box with the top of the base against the bottom of the seat.
7. Lastly, add some more paper fill to stop any unwanted movement in the box. Usually, some extra on the top and sides does the trick.
Preparing the Package for Shipping.
1. While taping the box closed, make sure you have at least six pieces on both the top and bottom of the package. Many carriers will not accept return packages with less than six pieces of tape per side.
2. Now just affix your printed return label to the top of your box with some tape and your package is ready for the post.
Shop Office Chairs Mentioned in this Article:
Crandall Office Furniture has been remanufacturing Steelcase & Herman Miller office chairs since 2002, and since then has grown to become the largest remanufacturer of high-end office seating in the United States. We see and work on thousands of these chairs every year, which gives us a unique insight into how they stand up to long term use, where they fail, and how to fix them. If you’re looking to learn more about high end seating, you’re in the right place!
Learn More About our Remanufactured & Refurbished Chairs and our process here: